Christians and most educated Atheists’ would agree on these key points…
• Both have enough evidence to believe that Jesus walked the Earth about 2000 years ago.
• Both also agree Jesus died by crucifixion.
• Both also agree that the Old Testament Books of Micah and Isaiah were scientifically proven to exist centuries before Jesus was born.
• Both agree Isaiah 53 describes one who will be put through immense suffering and death for the sin of others.
• Both agree that Micah 5:2 references a future ruler coming out of a place called Bethlehem, whose origins are from ancient times.
• Scientific theories continue changing, God’s word remains the same.
To the skeptic I would ask; this Jesus, who was written about doing many miracles, and suffered crucifixion on a cross, and just happened to be born in a very small town of Bethlehem, as referenced in Micah, could He very well be the Son of God?
I am far from having it all figured out, but I am fully convinced Jesus is the Son of God. And with that I pray that if you haven’t made a faith decision consider this, move toward making that decision as it is the most important decision you will ever make.
Here’s the good news:
John 1:1,14 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Romans 3:23-24 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit,
Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
Romans 10:9 Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
John 3:16-18 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
This is the reality in which we live in. We are born into a decision that must be made. I encourage you, if you made a faith decision to believe in Jesus, continue this Journey! Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. May God bless you as you begin to follow Jesus.