One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Jesus also says, “If you love me, keep my commands. ~ John 14:15”
I understand I am human and have flaws, and know Jesus took it upon himself to go to the cross, so I can be forgiven and accepted in his righteousness. For we are saved by Grace through Faith. And with this, I am so excited to continue following Jesus and learning to become more like him. Another verse that comes to mind is Matthew 6:33: “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” I believe I need to live in Christ which also means to live in his word and his direction for me. I believe I can always put my faith and trust in my Heavenly Father and the Lord and Savior who loves me.
So what now?
I will continue seeking the Kingdom and through the ups and downs I will continue following Jesus, living righteously in Him; First loving Him and also loving my neighbor as myself.
Following Jesus, his commands: Post Index
- Following Jesus – Repentance
- Following Jesus, “Follow Me” ~ Jesus
- Following Jesus – Rejoice
- Following Jesus – Let Your Light Shine
- Following Jesus – In Love, Give to those in Need
- Sharing Jesus with Sincere Love…
- Be Clothed in Christ
- This dead man was made alive…
- Book of John, summarized by The Bible Project
- Love your Brother
- That Real Joy…
- What drew me to seek God?
- A soggy vegetable mess…
- May they be One…
- Growing with Grace
- Was once a servant of sin…
- Created to Live in Freedom
- Living and Believing on Every Word, Matthew 4:4
- You Don’t Need a Special Word to Love